The AODA imposes different obligations on organizations depending on their nature and size. One of these obligations has a deadline of December 31 of this year.
Businesses, non-profit organizations, and certain public-sector organizations in Ontario with 20 or more employees are required to submit an Accessibility Compliance Reporting Form. The reporting form requires information about whether you are compliant with accessibility requirements under the AODA, such as:
- Whether you have a website and, if so, whether the website contains a copy of the organization’s accessibility plan
- Whether your accessibility plan is available in an accessible format, if requested
- Whether you provide training on the AODA, the AODA’s Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation, and the Ontario Human Rights Code
Organizations with fewer than 20 employees in Ontario are not required to file this reporting form, but have other obligations, including requirements to:
- have accessibility policies
- provide training on such policies
- provide information in accessible formats.
The AODA’s Accessibility Compliance Reporting form can be found here at Completing your accessibility compliance report | ontario.ca. As an employer, AES will be completing our own AODA filings before the December deadline and we are happy to answer questions and share information.